- This event has passed.
SMP Spring Meeting
May 19 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Twice annually (Spring and Winter), the Partnership holds a Partnership-wide meeting for all partners and any interested individuals or organizations to come together and build relationships and collaborations around the promotion and preservation of our region’s landscape resources. This event includes breakfast snacks and coffee and will occur outside under a pavilion.
These meetings are a chance to:
– Connect or reconnect with the Partnership, learning more about initiatives and on-going projects
– Build and strengthen our network of people and organizations working throughout the region
– Spark conversation and collaboration across political and sectorial boundaries
– Engage 50+ partners in on-going work throughout the region
– Involve partners in defining the direction of the Partnership
We hope you will join us! Registration is limited, reserve your ticket today!
About the Event
This Spring our meeting is being hosted by our partners in Franklin County and will feature a spotlight on some of the great work happening across the county and special focus on the State Parks and Forests within our region. Park Manager Earl Hockenberry will provide an initial welcome to Caledonia State Park. The South Mountain Partnership will share an interactive update on our State of the Region Planning Project, as well as organizational updates. Don’t forget to bring your organizational news for our closing round-robin!
All are welcome to join us for an approximately 2.0 mile (with options for shorter sections) interpretive hike nearby on the Midland Trail and Thaddeus Stevens Historical Trail with invited guests from the Lincoln Highway Heritage Area and our DCNR Environmental Educators. All are welcome on the hike, but please only partake in the lunch if you are pre-registered.