How to Get Involved
The South Mountain Partnership works best as a network of people and organizations working toward common goals. Becoming a partner is easy and free. Our partners commit to support the vision and mission of the Partnership and participate in these ways:
- Attend Partnership meetings and events
- Read Partnership e‐newsletters, communications, and reports
- Share relevant information and participate when possible
- Keep the Partnership informed of their organization’s related activities
- Increase access to the natural, cultural, and recreational resources of our region to all people while also creating a welcoming community for all partners.
The Friends of the South Mountain Partnership (FOSMP) works to ensure the South Mountain Partnership is a resilient and powerful force for good in our region by fundraising for specific programs like our Flex Grants.
Support Our Goals
The South Mountain Partnership works best as a network of people and organizations working toward common goals.
- Continue our core programs: Mini-Grant program, regional meetings and forums, Speakers Series, and conservation initiatives
- Establish working committees around important issues and priorities, increasing the diversity of our partners and stakeholders along the way
- Support natural leaders who are already doing on-the-ground work in our communities
- Promote the work of our partners by growing the recognition of the South Mountain Partnership
- Develop resource-sharing partnerships throughout the region
- Create degrees of partnership so that anyone can join at any level
Friends of the South Mountain Partnership
The Friends of the South Mountain Partnership (FOSMP) works to conserve agricultural, cultural/historical, natural, and recreational landscape resources to enrich the quality of life and sense of place for citizens and communities in the Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, and York counties of Pennsylvania.
Become a Friend at a level that feels right for you.
Make a one time or recurring donation.
Volunteer & Committee Opportunities
Join this important work to protect and promote the landscape! The South Mountain Partnership works best as a network of people and organizations working toward common goals. Your involvement can help! We are currently recruiting new committee members and ALL are welcome.
Share your Story
Tell your story about how you connect with the land or nature.
Reflect on what is meaningful about the landscape where you live, and share your thoughts in a brief “Where I Live” story.
Previously, we released a video that explores the South Mountain Landscape’s meaning as our home and as the place where we form memories that last a lifetime. Now we are asking for you to add your voice to the story!