2023 Winter Partnership Meeting
Event Date: January 20, 2023
Event Time: 9:00 am
Location: Penn Township Fire Hall, 1750 Pine Road, Newville, PA
The Winter Partnership meeting was an energized meeting full of engagement, great presentations, and even fun outside! Thanks to the group over 80 folks who attended. Special thank you to our organizers (SMP Program Committee), speakers, and hosts, Cumberland County and Kings Gap Environmental Education Center. We also want to be sure to recognize our generous sponsors Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. – HRG and Adams County Trout Unlimited.
About the Event
Twice annually (Spring and Winter), the Partnership holds a Partnership-wide meeting for all partners and any interested individuals or organizations to come together and build relationships and collaborations around the promotion and preservation of our region’s landscape resources. This event includes breakfast snacks and coffee.
These meetings are a chance to:
– Connect or reconnect with the Partnership, learning more about initiatives and on-going projects
– Build and strengthen our network of people and organizations working throughout the region
– Spark conversation and collaboration across political and sectorial boundaries
– Engage 50+ partners in on-going work throughout the region
– Involve partners in defining the direction of the Partnership
This Winter our meeting is being hosted by our partners in Cumberland County and will feature a spotlight on some of the great work happening across the region (and beyond!). The Cumberland County Commissioners and Planning Staff have been invited to welcome and center us within the county. Next we will learn about the exciting impact recreation is having on our region from Nathan Reigner Pennsylvania’s first Director of Outdoor Recreation. The Appalachian Mountain Club will share updates on possible new funding in the region via the PA Highlands Funding. Steve Nelson will update the Partnership on the progress of our State of the Region Project.
We will close the meeting with updates: the South Mountain Partnership will introduce our updated brand and we ask you to bring your organizational updates for our closing round robin.
Following the event, there is an optional lunch and hike at nearby Kings Gap State Park. Please select this option during registration.
– Cumberland County Commissioners, Invited
– Stephanie Williams, Cumberland County Planning
– Nathan Reigner, PA Dept of Conservation and Natural Resources
– Danielle Guttman, Appalachian Mountain Club
– Steve Nelson, Eastwick Consulting
– Julia Chain, South Mountain Partnership
– Tyler Semder, PA Dept of Conservation and Natural Resources
|8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
|Networking with breakfast snacks and drinks
Informal networking, coffee, and light snacks begin at 8:30 am
Cumberland County Commissioners Invited
|Spotlight on our hosts
Cumberland County Planning, Stephanie Williams
|Hear from Pennsylvania’s first Director of Outdoor Recreation
|Learn about PA Highlands Funding Opportunities in our Region
Appalachian Mountain Club
|South Mountain State of the Region Project Update
|South Mountain Partnership News and Brand Reveal
|Partner News Roundtable
Bring your updates share!