Master Watershed Steward Expands to Adams, Cumberland, and Franklin Counties
Interested in becoming a Master Watershed Steward in Adams, Cumberland, or Franklin Counties?
Click here for a flyer to learn more! Click here for a TriFold Brochure!
Do you have a deep love of water, wildlife, and woods? Do you enjoy learning about the environment and being outdoors? Is it important to you that we preserve our waterways and natural areas for future generations? Take action! Join the Master Watershed Steward Information Session for Adams, Cumberland, and Franklin Counties and learn about the MWS program!
The Master Watershed Steward (MWS) program educates and empowers volunteers to do watershed projects and education in their communities.
What do Master Watershed Stewards do?
- Teach adults and children about water quality, wildlife habitats, and the environment
- Develop educational materials
- Organize and conduct educational events, stream clean-ups, and invasive plant removal projects
- Design and maintain demonstration gardens
- Conduct stream monitoring projects and research
- Research and write newsletters and online articles
- Partner with municipal officials on projects, such as bioswales, raingardens, native meadows, and other green stormwater management solutions
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Those who have a strong desire to make a positive difference in their communities
- Those who have a keen interest in the environment
- Those who are willing to learn and teach
- Those who have time to volunteer
- Learn about the MWS program training, structure, commitment, and requirements
- Discover the types of projects in which the MWS volunteer team engages
- Be introduced to valuable program partners
- Learn about Penn State Extension and the Land Grant College system
This event is being offered at no charge to participants. Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar. Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Virtual information sessions about the MWS program and the upcoming training will be held:
Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 7:00PM OR
Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 7:00PM
Click here to register and receive the link.